With over 200 recorded species, the forest reserve and adjacent shade-grown coffee plantations offer abundant birdlife with excellent photographic opportunities.
Price includes private transportation, all entrances, access to identification materials & a bilingual guide.
Should you wish to spend more time out in the field, additional hours will be billed at $25 per group per hour (paid in cash at the end of the tour).
* Hotel drop-off is at an extra cost. Please see add-ons at check-out.
- Hotel pick-up (most locations) at 5am
- Drive through traditional working-class neighborhoods in the south of the city (1.5 hrs)
- Breakfast in the town of Silvania (optional and not included in price)
- Stop along the roadside at an egret nesting site for birdwatching (30 minutes)
- Drive to the farms along narrow country roads (30 min)
- Visit to Finca 'El Triunfo' for birdwatching at the feeders and around the farm (1 hour)
- Birdwatching trail through the lower forest reserve and adjacent farms (2.5 hours)
- Drive back to Bogotá (2.5 hrs)
- Arrival is to Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (between 2 and 3pm). If you want a hotel drop-off you can select that option at check-out for an additional price.