Experience the artisanal way of growing coffee while visiting real small family farms. Enjoy a local game of tejo and taste some of the smoothest coffee in the world. This is a hands-on experience!
* Only coffee tour that guarantees red beans for picking year-round
Difficulty: The farms are accesible to anybody who is able to walk unassisted.
Duration: This tour is offered at 10.00am during the week and at 9.00am on Saturdays. The tour lasts 10 hours from start to finish with 5 hours spent on the coffee farms and at points of interest. We also offer a 2-day Coffee & Chocolate Farm Stay for those seeking a more in-depth experience.
Location: This tour takes you to the coffee lands surrounding Bogotá, located approximately 2.5 hours from our departure point.
Elevation: The coffee farms sit at 1800 m.a.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature in the coffee lands is 24ºC. We experience light rain 10% of the time and very rarely do we see heavy rain.
Includes: The tour price includes private transport and bilingual guiding. Food is not included in the price but lunch can be purchased at one of the farms for COP $10,000 per person. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).
Note: Participants under 2 years-old can be hald by an adult and not pay for the price of the tour.
Things to Bring:
- sun protection: hat or head cap
- long pants (short pants are not recommended)
- comfortable closed-toed shoes (sandals are not recommended)
- money for lunch and to purchase coffee
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).
- Drive through traditional neighborhoods in the south of the city (2 hrs)
- Visit the coffee town of Silvania
- Drive to the farms along scenic countryside roads (45 min)
- Overview of the production process followed by a tasting of tinto (black coffee)
- Local lunch (available for purchase COP $10,000)
- Make your own! Participate in the traditional production of coffee from start to finish (picking, roasting, grinding and tasting your own coffee)
- Play the "explosive" game of tejo
- Drive back to Bogotá (2.5 hrs)
- Arrival is back to Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero