If you're looking for an authentic coffee tour experience then join us for a fun packed day as we tour multiple farms, play tejo with the locals, admire indian rock carvings and taste some of the softest coffee in the world. This is a hands-on experience!
Duration: Tour lasts approximately 10 hours from start to finish with 5 hours of tour time in the various coffee farms.
Location: This tour takes you to the coffee lands of Cundinamarca, located roughly 2.5 hours from the departure point.
Weather: The average temperature in the coffee lands is 25ºC. We experience light rain 10% of the time and very rarely do we see heavy rain.
Includes: The tour price includes private transport and bilingual guiding. Food is not included in the price, but we can arrange for one of the families to cook a local lunch for COP $10,000 per person. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 #6-22). For more information on departure you can follow this link to our website.
Things to Bring:
- sun protection: hat or head cap
- long pants (short pants are not recommended)
- hiking boots or comfortable closed-toed walking shoes (no open toed shoes)
- money for lunch and to purchase coffee
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero
- Drive through traditional working-class neighborhoods in the south of the city (1.5 hrs)
- Stop in a traditional coffee town
- Drive to the farms along narrow country roads (40 min)
- Visit a working coffee farm for an overview of the production process, followed by a delicious artisanely prepared tinto (black coffee)
- Local lunch (COP $10,000)
- Visit to the second farm where you will participate in the traditional production process from start to finish (from picking to roasting and then tasting your own coffee)
- Play the explosive game of tejo with the locals
- Drive back to Bogotá (2.5 hrs)
- Arrival is to Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero