Experience the old fashioned way of growing coffee while visiting real small family farms. Enjoy a local game of tejo and taste some of the smoothest coffees in the world. This is a hands-on experience!
Duration: The tour lasts approximately 9 hours from start to finish with 5 hours spent on the coffee farms and at points of interest. If you would like a more in-depth coffee experience we offer an overnight Coffee Farm Stay which will allow you to spend the night with a local family on a working coffee farm.
Location: This tour takes you to the coffee lands of Cundinamarca, located approximately 2.5 hours from our departure point.
Weather: The average temperature in the coffee lands is 24ºC. We experience light rain 10% of the time and very rarely do we see heavy rain.
Includes: The tour price includes private transport and bilingual guiding. Food is not included in the price but we can arrange for one of the families to cook a local lunch for COP $10,000 per person. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 #6-22). For more information on departure you can follow this link to our website.
Things to Bring:
- sun protection: hat or head cap
- long pants (short pants are not recommended)
- comfortable closed-toed shoes (sandals are not recommended)
- money for lunch and to purchase coffee
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero
- Drive through traditional working-class neighborhoods in the south of the city (1.5 hrs)
- Stop at the former coffee town of Silvania
- Drive to the farms along narrow country roads (40 min)
- Visit a working coffee farm for an overview of the production process, followed by an artisanely prepared tinto (black coffee)
- Local lunch (available for purchase COP $10,000)
- Visit to a second farm where you will participate in the traditional production process from start to finish (picking, roasting and tasting your own coffee)
- Play the explosive game of tejo
- Drive back to Bogotá (2.5 hrs)
- Arrival is back to Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero