Journey with us through green and lush mountain trails as we discover a land filled with waterfalls, biodiversity and a rich local farming culture (potato and dairy). Make your way up to the waterfalls while looking out for orchids deep within the andean forest. Learn about the locals use of medicinal native plants and try out some fresh milk at the end of your hike. Breathtaking landscapes await!
Difficulty: This trail is of medium difficulty with steep, uneven and somewhat slippery surfaces so hiking boots are recommended. However, if you only have tennis shoes, please bring a change of shoes just in case it rains. It is advisable that you be in good physical condition to join in. Upon request, we are able to provide you with rain boots in most sizes.
Duration: The total tour time is 5 hours from start to finish with a 2.5 to 3.0 hour hike.
Location: Located about 50 minutes from Bogotá, Aguadulce is a rural village in Choachí of a few dozen families that sits at 3100 meters of altitude within a lush cloud forest. This is the birth place of various mountain water springs and waterfalls so you can expect the soil to be humid. If you would like to know more about the Cloud Forest CLICK HERE.
Weather: The average temperature is 12ºC with minimums of 7ºC when it´s cloudy. About 30% of the time we visit here we experience light rain and about 10% of the time we see heavy rain.
Includes: Tour price includes entrances, private transport, a translator (Spanish-English) and a local community guide. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22). For more information on departure you can follow this link to our website.
Things to Bring:
- Rain jacket or water proof poncho
- Hiking boots / rain boots if possible (no open-toed shoes allowed)
- Long pants recommended
- Swimsuit if you are brave and want to take a dip in the waterfall (mountain water is cold)
- Sun protection, cap or hat
CLICK HERE to see some photos taken during this tour
- Trail head
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (morning or afternoon)
- Drive up through the eastern mountains lining the city to the start of the trail at 3050 m.a.s.l (50 min)
- Meet local campesino guide and begin forest hike
- 2.5 to 3 hour hike through sub-páramo and cloud forest
- Fresh milk tasting at a local farm (when available)
- Drive back to Bogotá (50 min)
- Drop off at Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero