Description: Come ride along this exciting mountain bike road at 3400 meters of altitude for 3 hours of fresh air, incredible andean views and hilly countryside.
Difficulty: This mountain trail is 15km long fit for 3 hours of riding time (medium difficulty) with a combination of dirt roads, steep inclines, muddy surfaces and pave downhills.
Accessibility: Anybody between the ages of 12 to 70 years-old can join. We are happy to arrange a customized ride should you have limited mobility or a visual/hearing impairment.
Duration: The total tour time is 6 hours from start to finish with 3 hours of bicycle ride.
Departure: This tour departs from our meeting point at Movistar Arena (former Coliseo El Campin). We offer door to door pick-up & drop-off at an extra cost.
Location: Located about 45 minutes from Bogotá, El Verjón is a rural village behind the Eastern Mountains of Bogotá that sits at 3400 meters of altitude. To learn more about the páramo ecosystem CLICK HERE.
Elevation: The maximum altittude of the biking road is 3400 m.a.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature is 10ºC with minimums of 7ºC when its cloudy. About 30% of the time we visit here we experience light rain and about 10% of the time we see heavy rain.
Covid-19: El Verjon has had low exposure to Covid-19 so we ask all visitors to follow strict safety protocols. We are expected to wear masks at all times, both inside and outside the vehicle. We will also desinfect hands and shoes with alcohol at every stop.
Includes: Private transport from Bogotá, a helmet, bike rental, accident insurance and a local spanish speaking guide.
- Door to door pick-up & drop-off (depending on location)
- Bilingual guide in English, Portuguese, French or German (pending availability)
- A picnic vegetarian sandwich
Things to Bring:
- Sunblock or sunscreen
- Narrow closed toed shoes (hiking boots are too wide to fit on pedals)
- Long pants (we do not recommend shorts)
- A rain jacket and a warm sweater
- Trail head
- Departure from Bogotá
- Drive to the start of the dirt road at 3400 m.a.s.l. (45 min)
- 3 hours of mountain biking through 15 kilometers of scenic mountain trails
- Drive back to Bogotá (45 min)