Join us along this exciting nature route above 3000 m.a.s.l. crossing the Eastern Hills of Bogotá. During the 3 hour trail you will enjoy fresh air, incredible views and native vegetation.
Difficulty: This mountain road of 15 kilometers and 3 hours of travel is of medium to hard difficulty with some steep, uneven and muddy surfaces. We will have access to a vehicle at all times so you can choose which parts of the road you want to cycle through.
Duration: The total tour time is 5 hours from start to finish with a 2.5 to 3.0 hour bicycle ride.
Location: Located about 30 minutes from Bogotá, Paramo el Verjon is a rural village in the Eastern Hills that sits above 3000 meters of altitude. To learn more about the Páramo ecosystem that you will see CLICK HERE.
Elevation: Maximum altittude of the biking road 3300 m.a.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature is 12ºC with minimums of 8ºC when it is cloudy. About 40% of the time we visit here we experience light rain and about 20% of the time we see heavy rain.
Includes: Tour price includes bike rental, helmet, gloves, private transport, a biking guide and accident insurance. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22). For more information on departure you can follow this link to our website.
Things to Bring:
- Rain jacket is a must!
- Water resistant shoes (no open-toed shoes allowed)
- Long pants recommended
- Sun protection, cap or hat
- Trail head
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22) (morning or afternoon)
- 30 minute drive to the Eastern Hills to the start of the road at 3300 m.a.s.l.
- 2.5 to 3 hour bike ride through páramo landscapes
- 30 minute drive back to Bogotá
- Drop-off back at Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero