Join us along this exciting mountain biking route above 3000 m.a.s.l. During this 3-hour trail you will enjoy fresh air, incredible views and a taste of Andean páramo vegetation.
Difficulty: The mountain trail is 15km long with approximately 3 hours of riding time (medium difficulty) with some steep, uneven and muddy surfaces. We will have access to a vehicle at all times so you can choose which parts of the road you want to cycle through.
Accessibility: Anybody between the ages of 5 to 75 years can join. We are happy to arrange a customized ride for you should you have limited mobility or visual/hearing impairment.
Duration: The total tour time is 5 hours from start to finish with a 2.5 to 3.0 hour bicycle ride.
Location: Located about 30 minutes from Bogotá, Paramo el Verjon is a rural village in the Eastern Hills of Bogotá that sits above 3000 meters of altitude. To learn more about the páramo ecosystem that you will see CLICK HERE.
Elevation: Maximum altittude of the biking road 3300 m.a.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature is 12ºC with minimums of 8ºC when its cloudy. About 40% of the time we visit here we experience light rain and about 20% of the time we see heavy rain.
Includes: Tour price includes bike rental, helmet, gloves, private transport, a biking guide and accident insurance. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22). For more information on departure you can follow this link to our website.
Things to Bring:
- Rain jacket is a must!
- Water resistant shoes or an extra pair (no open-toed shoes allowed)
- Long pants recommended
- Sun protection, cap or hat
- Trail head
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22) (morning or afternoon)
- 45 minute drive to the Eastern Hills to the start of the road at 3300 m.a.s.l.
- 3 hour bike ride through páramo landscapes
- 45 minute drive back to Bogotá
- Drop-off back at Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22)