Get the most out of your visit to Colombia with this two-in-one combo farm tour! Share with real coffee & cacao farmers as you pick, grind and roast the beans and taste the product of your own labor. This is a hands on experience in real family owned cacao and coffee farms.
Difficulty: The farms are accesible to anybody regardless of age
Accessibility: This tour is for all ages. We are happy to arrange a customized tour for you should you have limited mobility or a visual/hearing impairment.
Duration: This tour departs at 10.00am and lasts 10 hours from start to finish with 5 hours spent on the coffee farm, cocoa farm and at points of interest. We also offer a 2-day Coffee & Chocolate Farm Stay for those seeking a more in-depth experience.
Location: This tour takes you to the coffee & chocolate lands surrounding Bogotá. The coffee farm is located approximately 2.5 hours from our departure point and the cocoa farm is 40 minutes further.
Elevation: The coffee farm sits at 1800 m.a.s.l and the cocoa farm is found at 1000 m.a.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature in the coffee lands is 24ºC while the chocolate lands is 28ºC. We experience light rain 10% of the time and very rarely do we see heavy rain.
Includes: The tour price includes private 4x4 transport, entrances to the farms and bilingual guiding. Food is not included in the price but lunch can be purchased at one of the farms for COP $10,000 per person. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).
Note: Minors under 2 years-old can be held by an adult and don't pay for the tour.
Things to Bring:
- Sun protection: hat or head cap
- Insect repellent (for the cocoa farm)
- Long pants (short pants are not recommended)
- Comfortable closed-toed shoes (sandals are not recommended)
- Cash for lunch and to purchase coffee/chocolate
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).
- Drive through traditional neighborhoods in the south of the city (2 hrs)
- Visit the coffee town of Silvania and learn about its history
- Drive to the farms along scenic countryside roads (45 min)
- Make your own! Participate in the traditional production of coffee from start to finish (picking, roasting, grinding and tasting your own coffee).
- Local lunch (available for purchase COP $10,000)
- Tour a working cocoa farm and learn about what it takes to make delicious chocolate (1 hour)
- Drive back to Bogotá (3 hrs)
- Arrival is back to Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).