Get the most out of your visit to Colombia with this two-in-one specialty offering. Visit a working cocoa farm and then make your way up the mountain to learn about the coffee process.
Difficulty: The farms are accesible to anybody who is able to walk unassisted.
Duration: This tour departs at 9.00am and lasts 11 hours from start to finish with 5 hours spent on the coffee farm, cocoa farm and at points of interest. We also offer a 2-day Coffee & Chocolate Farm Stay for those seeking a more in-depth experience.
Location: This tour takes you to the coffee & chocolate lands surrounding Bogotá. The coffee farm is located approximately 2.5 hours from our departure point and the cocoa farm is 1 hour further.
Elevation: The coffee farm sits at 1800 m.a.s.l and the cocoa farm at 800 m.s.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature in the coffee lands is 24ºC and in the chocolate lands 30ºC. We experience light rain 10% of the time and very rarely do we see heavy rain.
Includes: The tour price includes private transport and bilingual guiding. Food is not included in the price but lunch can be purchased at one of the farms for COP $10,000 per person. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).
Note: Participants under 2 years-old can be held by an adult and do not have to pay for the price of the tour.
Things to Bring:
- sun protection: hat or head cap
- insect repellent (mostly for the cocoa farm)
- long pants (short pants are not recommended)
- comfortable closed-toed shoes (sandals are not recommended)
- money for lunch and to purchase coffee/chocolate
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22).
- Drive through traditional neighborhoods in the south of the city (2 hrs)
- Visit the coffee town of Silvania
- Drive to the farms along scenic countryside roads (45 min)
- Make your own! Participate in the traditional production of coffee from start to finish (picking, roasting, grinding and tasting your own coffee). 1.5 hours.
- Local lunch (available for purchase COP $10,000)
- Tour a working cocoa farm and learn about what it takes to make delicious chocolate (1 hour)
- Drive back to Bogotá (3.5 hrs)
- Arrival is back to Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero