Description: Pay a visit to one of the most iconic and lush cloud forests around Bogotá! Hike in search of colorful tanagers and toucans, take in spectacular views as the clouds roll in and out all while surrounded by the living sounds of nature.
Availability: During the month of June, July and August trails tend to sell out completely. Please email us or WhatsApp us to verify availability before you make your tour purchase ;)
Difficulty: This trail is of high difficulty with some steep, uneven and slippery surfaces so hiking boots are recommended. You can also bring a change of shoes & socks in case it rains. You must be in good physical condition to join.
Note: With a 48 hour notice we are able to provide you with rain boots in most sizes free of charge.
Accessibility: Anybody between the ages of 9 to 70 years-old can join. We are happy to arrange a customized ride for you, should you have limited mobility or visual/hearing impairment.
Duration: The total tour time is 7 hours from start to finish with a 3 to 4 hour interpretative hike.
Location: Located about 1.5 hours south-west of Bogotá.
Elevation: The elevation gain for this hike is about 300 meters from 2400 to 2700 m.a.s.l.
Weather: Temperatures range between 10ºC and 15ºC. About 30% of the time we experience light rain and about 10% of the time we see heavy rain.
Covid-19: La Calera has had low exposure to Covid-19 so we ask all visitors to follow strict safety protocols. We are expected to wear masks inside the vehicle. We will also desinfect hands and shoes at every stop.
Includes: Private transport from Bogotá, a spanish speaking local guide, entrances and accident insurance while on site.
- Door to door pick-up & drop-off (depending on location)
- Bilingual guide in English, Portuguese, French or Italian (pending availability)
- Picnic sandwich (no vegan and no vegetarian)
Things to Bring:
- Rain jacket, water proof poncho or an umbrella
- Comfortable non-slip hiking boots
- Binoculars and/or camera
- Sun protection, cap or hat
CLICK HERE to see some photos taken during this tour
- Chicaque Cloud Forest Reserve
- Departure from Bogotá.
- Drive through the southern part of the city (1.5 hours)
- 3 to 4 hour mountain cloud forest hike
- Drive back to Bogotá (2 hours)