Terms and conditions
Credit card payments in favor of Andes Ecotours are collected by TREKKSOFT AG, Hauptstrasse 15, 3800 Matten, Switzerland ("TREKKSOFT"). TREKKSOFT will appear as ANDES ECOTOURS on your credit card statement. The domain where you enter and process your payment is owned and operated by TREKKSOFT.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries regarding your credit card payments and chargebacks.
1. We recommend that you do not bring items of value to any of our tours. These include items that could be damaged, rained-on, broken, lost or stolen. Examples are: computers, ipads, iphones/ipods, large cameras, ID documents, passports, cellphones, large sums of cash or bank cards. If you are joining any of our páramo treks, please inform us ahead of time if you plan on bringing expensive equipment.
2. We suggest that you not bring big bags on any of our tours. This is to prevent entanglements and extra weight that can cause falls and fatigue. If you are traveling with children, older adults and/or persons with a disability, please inform us ahead of time.
3. Many of our trails involve going into muddy areas. We ask that you wear proper boots for all hiking & trekking tours. For your safety, we do not allow the use of heels, sandles and open- toed shoes. If you only have tennis shoes, you need to bring a change of socks and shoes. We also recommend the use of sunscreen and a hat on all tours to protect you from the tropical sun.
4. All tours must be paid for in full before departure. Cancelations made 24-hours prior to the start of the tour are subject to a 50% refund. No amount will be refunded for cancellations made within 24-hours, but you can transfer the deposit to other available tours. No-shows and late arrivals forfeit their payment, and once the tour has started, there will be no refunds under any circumstances.
5. We reserve the right to add more people to any of the tours. We can modify and cancel any of the events without notice, in which case the deposit will be refunded.
6. All day trips start and end at Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero. We do not pick up or drop off clients at their hostels/hotels because we run group tours, NOT private tours. Our drivers are not authorized to change their standard driving routes.
7. Andes EcoTours and its affiliates are not responsible for any lost items or for injuries sustained during your voluntary participation in our tours. We can arrange accident insurance for you at a cost of $5,000 pesos (US $2) that provides coverage for $15 million pesos (US $5,000) in case of an incident while hiking or horseback riding.