Journey with us through green and lush mountain trails as we discover a land filled with waterfalls, biodiversity and a rich local farming culture. Make your way up to the waterfalls in the high mountains while looking out for orchids deep within the Andes forest. Learn about the use of medicinal native plants and try out some fresh milk at the end of this interpretative hike.
Difficulty: This trail is of medium difficulty with some steep, uneven and slippery surfaces so hiking boots are recommended. You can also bring a change of shoes & socks in case it rains. You must be in good physical condition to join. Upon request, we are able to provide you with rain boots in most sizes.
Accessibility: Anybody between the ages of 5 to 75 years-old can join. We are happy to arrange a customized ride for you, should you have limited mobility or visual/hearing impairment.
Duration: The total tour time is 5 hours from start to finish with a 2.5 to 3.0 hour interpretative hike.
Location: Located about 45 minutes from Bogotá, Aguadulce (sweet water) is a rural village in Choachí that sits at 3100 meters of altitude within a lush Andean cloud forest. This is the birth place of mountain springs and waterfalls so you can expect the soil to be humid. To learn more about the Cloud Forest CLICK HERE.
Elevation: Maximum hiking altittude 3280 m.a.s.l.
Weather: The average temperature is 15ºC with minimums of 10ºC when it is cloudy. About 30% of the time we visit here we experience light rain and about 10% of the time we see heavy rain.
Includes: Tour price includes entrances, private transport, a translator (Spanish-English) and a local community guide. Departure is from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22). For more information on departure you can follow this link to our website.
Things to Bring:
- Rain jacket is a must! poncho or an umbrella are optional
- Hiking boots or rain boots if possible (no open-toed shoes allowed)
- Long pants recommended
- Sun protection, cap or hat
CLICK HERE to see some photos taken during this tour
- Trail head
- Departure from Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22) (morning or afternoon)
- 45 minutes drive through the eastern mountains to the start of the trail at 3100 m.a.s.l.
- 2.5 to 3 hour hike through cloud forest and waterfalls
- Fresh milk tasting at a local farm
- 45 minute drive back to Bogotá
- Drop off back at Pan Pa Ya in Chapinero (Calle 58 # 6-22)